Your student's will love making these WOODEN SPOOL Apples to go along with the little song attached. Include this activity as part of your teaching of the letter "A" or with a lesson based on FALL.
I’m a Little Apple
Sung to: I’m a “Little Teapot”
I’m a little apple,
Short and round.
I make a crunchy,
If you bite into me,
You will see
I’m delicious as can be!
* One Wooden Spool per Student (these come in a variety of sizes and can be found at your local craft store in the WOOD CRAFT section)
* Red, Green, White, and Brown Paper
* Red, Brown, and White Paint
* Paint Brushes
* Paint Tray
* Brown Ribbon or String
* Wooden Stick or Brown Painted Lollipop Stick
* Hole Punch
How to Make:
1. Paint the middle section of the wooden spool white. Let Dry!
2. Paint the top and bottom of the wooden spool red. Let Dry!
3. Paint the lollipop stick brown. Let Dry!
4. Cut out the green, red, and white apple pieces. You may choose to have the song already printed on the white paper for the children. Glue the red apple piece on top of the green apple piece for the front of the paper apple. Glue the white apple piece with the song on the back of the green apple piece. Punch a hole in the leaf.
5. Cut out the brown apple seed.
6. Cut out the green leaves and punch a hole in the middle.
7. Once the paint on the wooden spool has dried.....glue the brown apple seeds to the middle of the apple.
8. Slide the green leaves onto the stick/lollipop stick and put it down the middle of the wooden apple spool.
9. Tie a ribbon from the wooden apple spool to the paper apple.
10. Enjoy sharing the "I'm a Little Apple" song with your family!
I like serving apple slices as a snack after completing this project.
If you would like the PDF file shown above...please contact Miss Jennifer at email@example.com. Please be sure to leave your email address!